Friday 21 June 2019

Appreciation

What is appreciation - Acknowledging the significance of a person, valuing their presence, holding their qualities or skills in high regard.

And we are inclined to expect it from someone who is a priority in our life, whose presence is valued and hence an involuntary expectation to be revered in a similar manner.

I might have to be around people who do not appreciate me but I just can’t stay connected to them. With time they slip away into oblivion, then the physical proximity no more matters, I am already on my way away from them. One day, they will cease to exist for me whether they are in and out in my daily routine life or not part of it at all.

That’s the beauty of a crisp mind which can isolate physical and mental proximity. It promises the peace of mind which seems to be a far fetched dream otherwise. Waiting for the day when I am able to be on the same page - warm yet aloof, attached in a detached way!

No comments:

Post a Comment